Would You Like To Join Our Estate Office Team?
We have a vacancy for an office administrator
At Charlton Park Estate we are working hard to extend our services to increase tourism and visitors to this wonderful location, whilst remaining sensitive to the needs of the core Estate, its heritage and history. The heart of the Estate is the Estate Office, located in beautifully re-furbished stable block inside thegorgeous grounds. This is an exciting opportunity to join the office team and contribute to work that matters where diversity, equality and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us at Charlton Park Estate.
Charlton Park has been in the possession of the Earls of Suffolk since the last years of the 16th Century. The Estate covers 4,500 acres and includes the Grade 1 listed Mansion, extensive and picturesque parkland, arable farmland, Cotswold stone period residential properties and a commercial business park. The beautiful parkland provides a fantastic setting for all events whilst retaining the privacy of the family home and grounds.
Estate Office Administrator Job Description:
The Estate Office houses the core elements of the Estate team including Finance, Farm Manager, Estate Land Agent (des), Property Portfolio Lead and Director Projects.
The purpose of the role is to join this awesome team and deliver the Estate office administration function. Listed below are the main responsibilities in this dynamic and fast paced professional office environment:
- First point for contact to the Estate from outside the park – including local community, general public, events enquiries and our valued business partners and tenants.
- Day to day administration of the Estate office including providing of daily telephone and email coverage
- Responsibility for stationary management and office equipment
- Establishing and managing effective electronic filing of Estate
- Delegated authority to organise and lead annual checks of Estate employee licences,personal farming qualifications and certificates,
- Fleet management of Estate vehicles (eg fuel expenditure, ensuring vehicles are taxed/MOT/serviced, staff driving licences and training standards.
- Staffing and issuing of Estate horse riding and walking permits, UNLEASHED dog walking centre management and short notice tasks as may be required.
- Organising and running Estate first aid kits, fire extinguishers and Protective PersonalEquipment (PPE) stocks and inspection
- Christmas Tree orders and
- Firewood orders and
- WOMAD work as
- Management of the Estate Conference
Candidates must therefore have a strong organisational background – with a very detailed eye for delivery and focused execution of your duties. The Estate is rapidly increasing in tempo and so a need to operate at speed without reducing quality will be essential. The Estate values include innovation at the heart of everything we do and so an entrepreneurial mind and an enthusiastic ability to think “out-of-the-box” would be highly desirable.
This is a full-time position for immediate start. To apply please send your C.V and cover letter to