Would You Like to Join Our Team in the Estate Office
At Charlton Park Estate we are working hard to extend our services to increase tourism and visitors to this wonderful location, whilst remaining sensitive to the needs of the core estate, its heritage and history. This exciting opportunity is to join the estate leadership team and contribute to work that matters with an estate where diversity, equality and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Charlton Park has been in the possession of the Earls of Suffolk since the last years of the 16th Century. The Estate covers 4,500 acres and includes the Grade 1 listed Mansion, extensive and picturesque parkland, arable farmland, Cotswold stone period residential properties and a commercial business park. The beautiful parkland provides a fantastic setting for all events whilst retaining the privacy of the family home and grounds.
The Estate Office houses the core elements of the Estate leadership from Finance to Farm.
The purpose of the role is to join this leadership team and lead the Estate Office as the Office Manager and Business Operations. You will be responsible for day to day running of the estate office including managing the estate domestic residential portfolio as well as being a major contributor to planning and delivery of the events that occur on the estate each year.
Candidates must therefore have a strong organisational background – with a very detailed eye for delivery and focussed execution of your duties. The estate is rapidly increasing in tempo and so a need to operate at speed without reducing quality will be essential. The estate values include innovation at the heart of everything we do and so an entrepreneurial mind and an enthusiastic ability to think “out-of-the-box” would be highly desirable.
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
All information will be checked and verified.
Charlton Park Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Typical Focus Areas for Estate Office Manager – Business Operations are as follows:
Manager – Estate Property Portfolio
- Preparing the Partnership Report to be sent out to the Trustees
- Dealing with all property (residential and commercial) related issues (to include new tenancies, property repairs, queries etc).
- Liaison with outside contractors to the Estate including public liability insurances checks.
- Management and transfer of utility and council tax accounts after tenants have left.
- Raising of Head of Terms, AST’s and Licences for new tenants, events etc.
- Update Key Prime property information
- Implementing regulation and legislative requirements as required (e.g., EPC’s/EIRC’s/gas safety certificates etc.).
Manager – Estate Duties
- Lead all initial contacts from external enquiries to the Estate Office.
- Management and submissions of insurance claims/notices.
- Fleet management of Estate vehicles (eg fuel expenditure, ensuring vehicles are taxed/MOT/serviced, staff driving licences and training standards.
- Manage estate information through formal and structured electronic systems
- Managing estate staff holiday and sickness records.
- Manage Estate Office Health and Safety provision – document management, legislation and staff training.
- Christmas Tree orders and instruct.
- Firewood orders and instruct.
- Fishing arrangements.
- WOMAD work as required.
- Management of the conference room.
- Provision of First Aid boxes
- Broad knowledge or interest in Estate Office Management and delivery of world class public events.
- Understanding of UK HSE legislation and experience with National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) – although training will be provided.
- Broad knowledge or interest in the UK’s broader events markets and other similar estate locations.
- Possess strong skill in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project). Possess graphic skills or design media skills for the preparation of presentation, audio-visual product to provide presentation to both external and internal customers or colleagues.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon programme award
How To Apply
Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and should comprise of a cover letter, CV and references (including contact details for them). Applications should be received by 12noon Friday 30th of September. Applications received after this time may not be considered. Whilst we will endeavour to contact all applicants with feedback the volume of applications may preclude this. Interview rounds will begin on the week starting 10th October. The start date is dependent on applicant.
The Interview Process
The first phase of the process will consist of the recruitment company receiving candidates’ CVs. The CVs will be assessed against the job specification criteria by the recruitment agency. The top 5 CVs that meet the requirements will be forwarded to the hiring manager and his team. The remaining applicants who fail to be down selected will be informed of their removal from the process by email. The second phase of the process will consist of a formal competency-based interview lasting no less than 90 minutes. The interview will be chaired by the hiring manager (Head of Infrastructure) and he will be supported by Head Of Events, Head of Strategy, Head of Finance as the interview panel. A maximum of 5 candidates will be taken through to formal interview stage. These interviews will be in person – physically onsite at the estate. Virtual interviews will only be offered for those who are unable to travel significant distances. The remaining applicants who fail to be down selected for formal interview will be informed of their removal from the process by email. The third phase of the process will be a full day visit day on site. A maximum of three candidates will be invited to this visit day. The visit day will enable the candidate(s) to meet the team and to decide whether they feel they are a good fit for the estate and the team will review the candidates’ fit for the role. Each candidate will spend min of 30 minutes with Rt. Hon The Earl Of Suffolk and Berkshire for a conversation. The assessment day does not include formal interview – but the candidate will be required to demonstrate their personality and cultural fit. At the end of the visit date(s) a preferred candidate will be identified and offered the role. The remainder will be informed of their removal from the process by email